UBX is the home of Omaha’s one and only 50lb Weight Loss Challenge. This is our contest that gives you the opportunity to win a cash prize while reaching your fitness goals. The 50lb Weight Loss Challenge was created in 2011 when Luke Shook, the owner and founder of UBX, gained national attention by attempting to gain 50lbs over the course of 12 weeks by eating highly processed foods and negating exercise from his life. This was all in an effort to bring awareness to how bad processed food and inactivity was for our body. Over the course of the 12 weeks, he gained 42lbs and blogged about his transformation to explain the toll the unhealthy lifestyle was taking on him and his family. Following the documented weight gain experiment UBX launched its new program; appropriately called the 50lb Weight Loss Challenge and Luke was as he was going to participate in the inaugural 12-week session to shed the weight he had gained. Over the course of the first challenge, he lost 46lbs and got his body back to where he had started. Impressively, he wasn’t even the biggest loser as one of our members lost a mind boggling 54lbs during the contest which was the most ever lost, hence the name the 50lb Weight Loss Challenge.
50Lb Weight Loss Challenge Guidelines
- Contest Enrollment Fee is a one-time fee of $50 paid at the start of the program.
- Must enroll in any of our services offered at UBX for a minimum of 3 months (Team Active Classes, Fit Group Training or 1 on 1 Personal Training)
- With enrollment you get a basic meal plan to follow, measurements at the beginning, middle and end. Also guidelines on what our recommendations are to reach your goal.
- At the end of the 12 weeks there will be two winners who will split the enrollment fee pot in half. Winner one will be the participant who lost the biggest percentage of overall bodyweight. The second winner will be determined by the person who lost the highest percentage of body fat. In the event one person wins both criteria that person does not win both prizes. If that occurs we will default to a majority vote by the trainers for the second winner. Each winner will be paid 50% of the prize pool.
- Amount of prize is determined by the number of people entered in each 12 week challenge.